Owning your company’s narrative in the shifting and often publicly-driven social media space can be tough. Between misconceptions and misunderstandings, the social web is also littered with fake news and an army of trolls. With that said, it’s more important than ever to break through the clutter.
Your audience has questions. And you already have the answers. But how are you making the connection and responding? With QA+, Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) offers a platform that transforms the way you interact with audiences. Effectively, and in a controlled yet timely manner.
“QA+ was born out of a client challenge – debunking myths and addressing inquiries on social,” says Joseph Peters, chief strategy officer, H+K Canada. “It’s a unique solution to engaging audiences and transparently answering questions. It manages scale. It manages response time. And it provides a platform for shareable content.”
How QA+ works
- Anyone with a question – whether it’s about a product launch, crisis situation or community program, for example – can look for existing answers or ask something new.
- When people visit the QA+ site, they see the top “trending” questions and responses – all of which are data-driven, of course. Responses can be photos, text, short videos, infographics, animations or a combination.
- A search field allows anyone to enter questions if answers aren’t immediately available. Predictive text analysis – like typing into Google’s search bar – runs as someone types an inquiry. Questions with answers auto-populate when they’ve been asked before.
- For every new question, people must authenticate using Facebook or Twitter, which helps reduce a troll’s ability to impact QA+ and its evolving data.
- Audiences get instant gratification through pre-existing answers or an automated thank you with an estimated response time, generally as little as 24 – 48 hours.
- Ultimately, every question and answer is posted to the site. The person who asked the question is notified and the response is shareable on personal social networks. The most interesting, informative answers can even be used on clients’ social feeds and further repurposed for things like employee training and more.
“It doesn’t matter what kind of company or audience we’re talking about; QA+ works for every sector and every scenario,” says Goldy Hyder, president and CEO, H+K Canada. “Whether your organization falls in the consumer, corporate, government or citizen space, QA+ allows you to engage your target demographic, while amplifying your answers to reach a broader group.”
QA+ can be thought of as the conduit to an intuitive, dynamic FAQ that lives on a company website or a purpose-built microsite. The tool’s usage has seen a dramatic improvement in social engagement for brands, with call centre volumes dropping by 30 to 40 per cent in some cases.