(6 month contract – with benefits)
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, client-centric and problem-solving Bilingual Billing Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the day to day financial management of client project budgets including financial reporting, billings and reconciliations. Other responsibilities include performing the month end revenue adjustments, journal entry preparation and production of client invoices.
H+K has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent in a collegial and fast-paced environment, and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being, simply, the best. We offer rewarding work opportunities, professional development, and competitive compensation and benefits.
- Ensure accurate, timely, and detailed client, project, financial and management reporting ensuring that for each client file we have properly executed contracts, and the accounts reflect client budgets and terms
- On a monthly basis compile the complete billing package including the billing reports, client budget control report, draft invoice for the month and client profitability
- Work with the client account lead to ensure that all time and out of pockets are billed in accordance with the terms of the contract, including gathering all the out of pocket receipts to support the invoice (if required), securing approvals and distributing invoices
- Work with the consulting teams to provide analysis of surplus/deficit and make any required adjustments for month-end revenue reporting
- Prepare work in progress reports for management
- Liaise with the client and others in the finance team
- Work with the client and accounts receivable to resolve any billing enquiries and / or issues
- Monthly filing
- Participate in training programs
- Contribute to and actively pursue your professional development plan
- Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role
- Articulate in speech; communicating in a clear, fact-based manner
- Proactive problem solver and client centric
- Able to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and to multi task
REQUIREMENTS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in written and verbal French and English
- 2+ years of professional services industry experience, including strong analytical skills and experience in project accounting
- Knowledge and experience with Maconomy financial platform is an asset
- Professional services industry experience including billing for time accounting experience and SOX related controls experience
- University degree in business and finance preferred
- Enrolled in the CPA program is an asset
- Strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition policy in professional services environment
- Strong Microsoft Word and advanced Excel proficiency to develop and prepare reports and project analysis
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 86 offices in 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
What’s in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this capacity. He or she will be expected to perform other related duties as required.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.