Hill+Knowlton Strategies is searching for a conscientious, personable and bilingual receptionist for our Ottawa office. The receptionist would provide reception services and backup administrative services for the Ottawa office.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 10 consecutive years, our employees work in a collegial and fast-paced environment. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being the best. Hill+Knowlton offers exciting work opportunities, a robust professional development program and competitive compensation and benefits.
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Welcome clients
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages
- Maintain staff extension lists
- Schedule boardroom meetings
- Ensure audio-visual equipment and phones are in working condition within reception area
- Maintain appearance of reception and main boardroom areas
- Provide backup to administrative assistants (Word, PowerPoint, schedule and contact management)
- News/media monitoring
- Maintain newspaper and magazine subscriptions and distribution lists
- Maintain archiving of files and database
- Coordinate catering for meetings
- Code and record invoices for billing
- Create and maintain reporting spreadsheets
- Administrative support as needed
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma preferred
- Professional communications skills and telephone manner
- Demonstrated ability to follow precise procedures and apply high attention to detail to produce error-free, accurate documents
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Outlook and Access
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Client service business experience is considered an asset
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, content marketing, research and measurement, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 10 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 87 offices in 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.