Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is seeking a Business Development + Marketing Manager to join its dynamic national Business Development and Marketing team. Business development and marketing is a key priority for the firm. Based out of the Toronto office, this role represents an exciting opportunity to support our consultants across Canada throughout the new business pitch process, procuring new, world class brands to join our impressive client roster and to support the firm’s ongoing marketing efforts.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for eleven consecutive years, our employees work in a collegial and fast-paced environment. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being the best. Hill+Knowlton offers exciting work opportunities, a robust professional development program, and competitive compensation and benefits.
The successful candidate would enjoy the fast-paced and diverse environment of a leading PR agency, while honing their skills on the communications needs of the firm itself. Reporting to the Vice-President, National Director of Business Development and Marketing, the candidate will work with a team in the Toronto office and colleagues in all locations across the country and globally.
- Providing research, media monitoring and analysis to support the firm’s marketing and new business efforts and inform exciting new business projects and pitches
- Creating written project briefs, summaries and capabilities documents to showcase H+K expertise
- Help implement events and other marketing initiatives for H+K’s existing and potential clients
- Developing and delivering training sessions on new business tools and processes
- Working with our design team to create and deliver visually compelling graphics to elevate pitch presentations and marketing collateral
- Conceptualizing, writing and editing case studies to showcase H+K client work
- Collaborating with colleagues across the H+K Canada network to achieve new business objectives
- Supporting global new business efforts as required
- Serving as an expert, connecting new business teams with H+K’s vast global resources, past and present client work, sector expertise and talent
- Supporting the execution of annual marketing plans and strategic marketing project initiatives that advance business objectives
- Supporting planning and content development for H+K Canada’s website and social channels
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of experience with project management, business development activities/marketing with an agency or in-house/client side
- Superb writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail and knowledge of CP style guidelines
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with ability to create project timelines, meet deadlines and hold others accountable
- Strong research skills with a curious, resourceful nature and ability to synthesize large amounts of data down to key learnings/information points
- Expert proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel
- Team player with a proactive approach and ability to establish and build relationships with various account teams and practice leaders
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, content marketing, research and measurement, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 86 offices in 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.