Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an exciting opportunity for a solutions-oriented consultant to join our Toronto office. We’re looking for a passionate and detail-oriented team player to help our corporate clients solve their communication challenges.
We are the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy. Repeatedly recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces, our public affairs and public relations professionals work on some of the most challenging and exciting engagements our industry has to offer in a collegial and fast-paced environment. We also offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being, simply, the best. We offer exciting work opportunities, a robust professional development program, and competitive compensation and benefits.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in communications with prior agency experience a considerable asset
- Proven experience in team-based delivery of corporate public relations programs, including knowledge and understanding of corporate reputation and positioning activities
- Excellent corporate writing and media relations skills are essential; solid existing relationships with business media in Canada an asset
- Experience integrating social media and digital strategies and tools into public relations programs
- Ability to deliver accurate research and investigations on issues, trends, developments and individuals
- Strong project management skills and a proven ability to deliver projects in spite of such things as delays, changes in direction and revised budgets
- Ability to show initiative and apply proactive, creative thinking and problem-solving to client challenges
- Ability to multitask to manage multiple client demands
- Be thorough, detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Undergraduate degree preferably in communications, journalism or public relations or similar program
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, content marketing, research and measurement, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has over 85 offices in 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.