Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a skilled and energetic Director, Events and Experiential Marketing (for a renewable one-year contract, including benefits) to join our Toronto- based team to lead some of the agency’s top brands and multi-faceted events and activations. The successful candidate with have experience working on B2B and B2C programs including but not limited to corporate conferences, stunts, pop-up retail, sponsorships and brand activations.
The Director, Events and Experiential Marketing will possess exceptional communication and project management skills. They will have impeccable attention to detail and be able to manage and navigate a wide array of deliverables. The candidate should be personable and professional, able to liaise with and manage dozens of vendors and stakeholders.
H+K has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 10 consecutive years. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent in a collegial and fast-paced environment, and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being, simply, the best. We offer rewarding work opportunities, professional development, and competitive compensation and benefits.
- Oversee project logistics
- Provide direction and counsel to junior team members
- Understand the program goals and the importance of accurately tracking on-site metrics
- Create and design program plans
- Manage a budget; creation and tracking throughout programs
- Manage all external supplier relationships
- Oversee creative design and collateral production
- Coordinate team efforts in the recruiting, training and ongoing development of a high performance field team
- Strong orientation to identifying and maintaining operational best practices
- Minimum 8 years related experience (agency experience and in-field experience preferred)
- University degree or equivalent – business related preferred.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- B2B and B2C experience
- Broad portfolio of past production work (diverse sectors and project profiles)
- Existing supplier/vendor network
- Project management designation preferred
- Experience leading a team/relevant people management experience (remote management considered an asset)
- Able to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task.
- Highly adaptable; Ability to handle high stress situations and utilize problem solving techniques to find the best solutions.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and travel to various events
- Strong business acumen and proven analytical and problem-solving skills capabilities
- Proven negotiation skills
- Activation/XM experience and/or event production experience a must
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, content marketing, research and measurement, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 10 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 87 offices in 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.