Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a full stack developer to join a team that is revolutionizing the way that communications campaigns are run across the world. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment both building new products and consulting with some of Canada’s largest companies and brands.
We are the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy and part of a worldwide network of communications specialists. Regularly recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces; our employees work in a friendly, fast-paced environment. We’re part of a global team of top talent and are committed to being, simply, the best. There are exciting opportunities for promotion and training in addition to competitive compensation and benefits.
So, what does being a developer at a communications consultancy entail? Well, it’s a little different each day, depending on our client needs. But some of the things we’ve built from scratch in the past year include customized polling and analysis platforms, social media plugins, dashboards to monitor advertising campaign performance, and all sorts of other communications and outreach tools that are too confidential to talk about in a job posting like this.
Applicants for this position should have:
- Five years of full-stack developer experience with PHP and web frame works like Laravel, Drupal and WordPress
- Developing within rich front-end js frameworks using Angular, Vue.js or React
- API development using JSON and REST
- Experience developing across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile)
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Passion for software excellence
- Experience designing new web from the ground up
- Familiarity with current and emerging web standards
- Familiarity with current CMS including WordPress and Drupal
- Strong understanding of user experience design
- Understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Proven ability to outline how you’ve arrived at strong creative solutions
- Worked with relational databases (MySQL or postgresql)
- A strong understanding of communications design
And, we’d be really pleased if you were able to:
- Work with the Twitter and Facebook APIs
- Phone Gap or Cordova
- Use the Adobe Creative Suite of software.
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and government relations. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Order of Excellence from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for eight consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 87 offices in 49 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
If you are thinking about your next career move and might enjoy a life of coding, consulting and communications we would like to talk with you.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.