Pinterest is a powerful outlet for home and décor media looking to extend their personal brand within the social media space. It gives journalists a highly visual forum to share personal tastes and a place to post features they’ve helped create using a fun, interactive platform.
Here’s our list of 10 top Canadian home and décor journalists who are pinnin’ aplenty and sharing their style preferences on Pinterest boards.
- Ann Marie Favot, senior style editor, Style at Home: Colours, fabrics and tonnes of inspiration abound as Ann gives us a backstage pass for home styling. Who knew there were so many shades of grey…?
- Brett Walther, home and garden director, Canadian Living: Brett uses simple verbs to label his boards, which contain images of tasteful, classic home décor
- Jane Francisco, editor-in-chief, Chatelaine: In addition to boards dedicated to various rooms of the home, Jane’s Weird + Wonderful board offers a range of cool, worldly imagery
- Kimberley Seldon, editor, Dabble; design expert, Cityline; design editor, Chatelaine: A great blend of photos, including some of Kimberly’s own handiwork and a few envious shots on her Wish I Had Done It… board
- Margot Austin, senior design editor, House & Home Magazine: Margot’s preference for a clean aesthetic is demonstrated by the images she pins; we love that she shares photos from her own home – we’re voyeurs that way
- Megan McChesney, executive editor and senior web producer, St. Joseph Media Digital: Megan’s Livables folder is a great resource for a strong blend of interior design rooted in both traditional and contemporary styles
- Sarah Richardson, TV host, HGTV: This HGTV favourite exclusively divides her boards by the rooms of a house, which gives followers a glimpse at the versatility of Sarah’s design inspirations
- Steven & Chris, TV hosts, The Steven & Chris Show; contributors, House & Home Magazine: Whether you’re into the luxe look or are a DIY maven, the resident CBC twosome have a Pinterest page packed with all sorts of goodies
- Suzanne Dimma, editor-in-chief, House & Home Magazine: Our favourite board of Suzanne’s is Stripes, which provides a unique look at how to beautifully and interestingly incorporate lines of all shapes and sizes into your home-décor choices