Consultation + Engagement Services
A bridge between decision makers and the communities they serve.
H+K’s award-winning Public Participation team helps clients engage meaningfully with citizens, stakeholders and communities to support relationship building and stronger, more sustainable decision making.
Complexity is our speciality. We convene informed and constructive dialogue on some of the most challenging projects and policy issues in Canada.
Committed to DE+I. We create safer spaces for equity deserving communities to engage on the issues they care about and the decisions that impact them.
Canada’s largest P2 team. Our team of dedicated, bilingual consultation + engagement practitioners support projects at the local, regional and national level.
Champion global best practices. Trained by the International Association of Public Participation and adhere to their core values and code of ethics.
- Consultation + Engagement Program Design: The development of customized engagement experiences, including lines of inquiry, stakeholder mapping and outreach, and process design for informed, credible, and representative consultations.
- Facilitation: H+K facilitators are experienced in a variety of engagement methods – both online and off, including deliberative surveys, interactive webinars, dialogue sessions with breakout groups, focus groups, as well as more complex consensus building and mediation techniques.
- Dialogue Events: Planning and logistical support for hybrid, virtual and in-person events of all sizes and formats.
- Online Engagement: Advice on the best platforms and technology solutions to meet your communications and engagement objectives, and technical support to use those tools effectively.
- Choicebook™: An engagement tool similar to a traditional survey, but with enhanced functionality to facilitate participant learning and reflection. It aims to educate participants about a topic or issue using facts or scenarios before asking for their views through a series of open and closed-ended questions. Profile data can be collected from participants through a series of demographic questions. Choicebook surveys are possible in multiple languages and accessible formats.
- Quality Content: Successful engagement requires a deliberate effort to ensure the right audiences are reached and provided with high quality content to engage in an informed manner on complex topics. H+K’s Content + Publishing and Creative Studio teams can produce accessible video, infographics, and compelling, easy-to understand copywriting and design for owned, earned, paid and shared channels to support engagement efforts.
- Analysis + Reporting: Deriving meaning from consultation processes can be challenging. We leverage H+K’s Data + Analytics team to ensure large volumes of qualitative and quantitative input is analysed effectively and efficiently to produce tangible insights to inform decision making.